Test

7 Mutual Fund Ads You Will Never See

As former employee of a mutual fund company and currently investment analyst researching mutual funds, believe me there are lots of crappy mutual funds and tricks mutual fund companies do to mask their funds. 

I am going to list 7 ads you'll never see from mutual fund companies.  The list of 7 comes straight from MarketWatch.com.  So I will not take the credit but this is a pretty damn good list and I suggest you go to Market Watch to read the details.  However this list is hilarious but not funny when you are the one losing money.

  1. Our fund is much more riskier than you think.
  2. If we experience a bear market and most of the stocks in our portfolio sink in value, that's just to bad.  We won't even try to protect your money, because that is not our job. 
  3. Sure, we have a great track record, but then was then and this is now.  The manager who created our record left for a better-paying job.
  4. Our great track record was largely the result of owning one stock that had a phenomenal return.  Now we have attracted so much new money, it's virtually impossible to duplicate our success.
  5. Our 5-star Morningstar rating is nice, but it doesn't mean what you think.  In fact, it doesn't mean much at all for you.
  6. While we were achieving a terrific track record, most of our shareholders lost money.  It was their fault, not ours.
  7. Our fund family's overall track record isn't anywhere near as good as it looks, because we can - and do - manipulate funds in order to improve our statistics.
There you have it, please read the article from Market Watch.   It is very informative.  http://www.marketwatch.com/Story/story/print?guid=DCCF085A-C192-4ACF-8A19-871B4740B058

My next post when I feel like getting off my lazy butt will be out how I research mutual funds and the signs I look for in a good portfolio manager and a good mutual fund. 

Comments

erection pills said…
Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all folks you actually know what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also seek advice from my web site =). We can have a hyperlink change agreement among us
Hey there I am so happy I found your webpage, I really found you by mistake, while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a marvelous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to browse it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the great work.